iSoftStone North America is seeking a Software Development Engineer II to join our Kirkland, WA, Team!
We are looking for an experienced Android Developer who possesses a passion for pushing mobile technologies to the limits, and for participating in the development of native apps for the Android platform. This Android developer will work as part of a team of talented engineers, testers, and designers to design and build the next generation of advanced conversational (bot) applications for the Android platform.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
• Three+ years of work experience building Android applications in Java.
• Experience with a wide variety of Android APIs (via the SDK).
• Excellent coding abilities in core Java programming.
• Experience with SVN, Git, or other distributed version control systems.
• Extensive knowledge of Android's resource system and experience developing for multiple screens, form factors, and densities.
• Strong knowledge of the Android SDK, Android Studio, different versions of Android OS, device fragmentation, and dealing with different screen sizes.
• Passion to evaluate and deploy the latest technology and SDKs to build elegant, responsive user experiences on the android platform.
• Ability to communicate effectively with peers in design, product management, and engineering to respond to requirements and diagnose problems.
• Motivation to quickly build prototypes and solve tough technical challenges.
• Focus on optimizing user experience through understanding of total system design from UI to server communications.
• Strong understanding and experience in multi-threading, memory management, and network communication on Android devices.
• Hands-on experience with assessing and diagnosing accessibility issues for Section 508 and WCAG compliance.
• Hands-on experience with refactoring the native code base to resolve/remediate accessibility issues.
• Hands-on experience with a documentation and backlog tool such as Azure DevOps, Jira, or Rally.
• Proven working Android software development experience and skills, having published at least one Android app or live software.
• Ability to develop lean and efficient software that relies on system APIs rather than third party libraries.
• Working knowledge of the Android ecosystem, UI design principles, patterns, best practices, general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, open-source libraries, and emerging technologies.
iSoftStone North America is a technology consulting firm partnering with its clients to create innovative solutions that improve business performance and provide a sustainable, competitive advantage. Backed by proven processes, innovation, and a strong track record with companies that range from emerging startups to Fortune 100 companies, iSoftStone North America navigates clients through today’s challenges while helping them build for the future. The company’s employees work across offices in Seattle, Boston, New York, Toronto, and Boise. Globally, the iSoftStone network includes 40 delivery centers and over 40,000 employees. For more information on iSoftStone North America, visit www.isoftstoneinc.com.
iSoftStone North America prides itself on our ability to partner with clients to deeply understand their industry dynamics and business challenges, in order to find solutions. Internally we understand that our success is driven by our great team and work environment. We have received awards for being one of the best places to work. We’re creative, energetic, and share our clients’ successes. If you have a passion for delivering innovative technology solutions and want to work for a great company, get in touch. We’re always looking for the next big talent.
Please note: we are unable to consider third party candidates for this position.
iSoftStone offers a salary commensurate with experience, an enjoyable and fun work environment, plus an extensive benefits package. iSoftStone is an E-Verify and equal opportunity employer.